Saturday, July 31, 2010

What's Next?

A couple of potentially exciting things may happen in August. First off, I plan on recording my third EP over the next three weeks. I have lots of material lined up so I hope that recording goes smoothly and I have something to be proud of by the end of the summer. I'm not totally satisfied with the songs but I never am so that's no surprise. I will be posting the EP as well as past recordings on bandcamp.com when I finished. You will know when this happens. I'll obnoxiously advertise through Facebook.

Secondly, I have applied to work as an album reviewer for and up and coming blog called Seattle Show Gal. I heard about this from my friend and current SSG writer, Dan Ahrendt. My "audition" is to review an album called Beachcomber's Windowsill by a British band called Stornoway. The review is in the works at the moment, due on Monday, the 2nd. Cross your fingers! If I get the job, I'll be a real life music critic!

That pretty much sums up what I've been thinking about in regards to writing/writing about music. The weather sure is beautiful eh?

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, that would be awesome to get that critic job! Good luck, you would be great at that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on actually getting that job! 1.3 million hits a month? Don't forget me when you're famous, eh.

    ReplyDelete